Sunday, August 24, 2008

Put on your rain boots and come on over

Last night I rocked myself asleep in the recliner. I awoke around 1am with Clint gently touching my foot. I thought to myself, "aww... how sweet. He is getting me up so I will go get in our bed and get a better night's sleep." He said, "Don't go to our bed. It is all wet." I thought... "NOT AGAIN!!!"

Here is the history. I am more allergic to mold than anything else in the world. It gives me crazy bad respiratory issues. Over the last year I have had pnumonia between 2-4 times (2 times confirmed by a chest xray... the other 2 I was pregnant and couldn't have the xray. I have been to primed countless times, used my inhaler on a 3-4 times a week basis, and taken 1 trip to the ER.

It all started in the bathroom. I noticed mold above our shower on the wall and ceiling. I called maintance and they came and "fixed" it. 2 months later... the mold is back. They come, apparently there was a leak in the tub in the apartment above us. Now that mold is under control. I wondered though, why am I still getting so sick. (Clint has also been deathly ill about 6 times in the last year, including one case of pnumonia.)

Then I fold it... One day as I cleaned up my room I noticed all my clothes that were on the floor by the bed were wet. And then I took another step, and my socks were all wet, as was all of the carpet along the outside wall and behind our bed. I called the apartment people... they came cleaned the carpets, installed a drain, and resealed the foundation... and then assured me they had rectified the issue.

Fast forward... I am 8 months pregnant... I am still nervous about the carpet and check occasionally... it happened again. This time they told me it was because the sprinklers were pointed at our wall... don't worry... we will clean the carpet and there isn't a problem. (Now for them to clean anything under the bed 8 month pregnant me had to go and move the bed cause no one came to help the carpet guy. We couldn't move it all, but we did move it over.)

Finally last night as tropical depression Faye hit, my room became a swimming pool... that extended into my bathroom and closet. All of my bedroom furniture is sitting in my living room, the carpet guy is taking my carpet out in buckets, and clint and I are going to meet with the apt people tomorrow... we have had it. Anyway... hope you are all having a good weekend.

2 comments:

Tony and Susan said...

wow! take your itty bitty baby with you, your doctor's bills, along with the name of a lawyer and see if that will help them fix it!! hope you can get things to work out! good luck!

Lerra said...

Jan...bless you. You've had a tough month, huh? I will be over there tonight to help!!

If you need a place to stay, we have a spare bedroom and bathroom and we're only 5 minutes away!